It is recommended that you follow the cleaning instructions specified in the Kozii Product Manual. The manual is available at: https://www.kiinde.com/pdf/Kozii%20instruction%20manual.pdf
Always turn timer to “0” and unplug Kozii before cleaning. Do not immerse in water. Do not use scouring pads, solvents or abrasive cleaners, as these could damage Kozii.
Every 2-3 days (CLEANING):
- Dump any remaining water out of Kozii using the overﬂow drain hole at the top and back of the warming chamber.
- Pour about 1 cup of a very mild soap and water solution into the warmer and wait for it to drain down into the reservoir. Swirl the unit around (do not turn it upside down) and pour the water out of the overﬂow drain hole at the top and back of the warming chamber. Rinse with fresh water until the water comes out without soap suds. When rinsing, make sure to allow water to drain down into the reservoir each time fresh water is added.
- Wipe outer surface of Kozii, as well as inside of warming chamber with a damp cloth or sponge using a very mild solution of liquid soap. Wipe with fresh water. Air dry.
- Reﬁll according to the ﬁlling instructions.
Every 2 months (DE-SCALING):
- It is very important to de-scale Kozii every 2 months to ensure it continues to work properly. To de-scale, mix ½ cup (4 ﬂ oz/120ml) of white vinegar with 1 cup (8 ﬂ oz/240ml) of cold water and pour the mixture into the warming chamber. Allow liquid to stand in the unit for 10-20 minutes. DO NOT TURN KOZII ON, OR PLUG KOZII IN DURING DE-SCALING.
- Pour the mixture out of the overﬂow drain hole at the top and back of Kozii.
- Rinse with fresh water 3 times. When rinsing with fresh water, be sure to wait for the water to drain down into the reservoir each time and swirl it around gently before pouring it out.