Last Updated: April 2, 2019
Welcome to Kiinde.com (“Website”), the products designed for your little ones, and for you! The Website is operated by Kiinde LLC or by its affiliates (collectively, “Kiinde,” “we,” “us” and “our”).
At Kiinde, we know that you value your privacy and care about your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we collect and how we use it. It applies to all users who use the Website, utilize any services offered on the Website or our social channels or buy products from or on our Website. If you do not agree to our privacy practices, please do not use this Website, utilize any services offered on the Website or our social channels or buy products from or on the Website. By visiting or using the Website, you accept and agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice. The applicability of this Privacy Notice may not be waived.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Notice. You can reach us as follows:
2060 Hwy A1A
Indian Harbour Beach FL 32937
1. Personal Information that we Collect.
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. In certain states, it also includes other information that may be associated with such information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Identity Information which includes your name, account username (including social media user account names, if applicable), or other similar identifiers.
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your postal addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from Kiinde.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with Kiinde, such as the products that you view or purchase and other information about how you use our Website, email, other communications and applications.
- Financial Information as needed to process payments for products that you buy, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
2. How we Collect your Information.
We may collect Personal Information from you directly, including in the following ways:
- We ask you for Personal Information (including Identity, Contact and Financial Information) when you register, create an account, use the chat feature or make a purchase from the Website or otherwise contact us.
- We collect information that you provide us about other people when you purchase products as gifts, including those persons’ Contact Information. We create transaction records of your gift to those persons.
3. How we Use Personal Information.
Kiinde uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Website;
- Facilitate purchases;
- Provide customer support;
- Respond to your direct inquiries, including via the chat feature;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Kiinde, such as news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Website, email messages, text messages, or other methods of communication;
- Find similar persons, e.g., through “look-a-like” audience creation tools;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements in connection with a bankruptcy proceeding, litigation or subpoena; and
- Complete the sale, merger or change of control of Kiinde or the division responsible for the services with which your information is associated.
Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses of your Personal Information, we may use your Personal Information in a manner consistent with that consent. Finally, we reserve the right to supplement your information with information we gather from other sources which may include information we gather from online and offline sources.
4. When and Why we Disclose Personal Information.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties, including to:
- The service providers that provide services for us such processing payments, sending emails, creating “look-a-like” audiences and texts and responding to your inquiries on our behalf. Our service providers are required to protect the Personal Information they receive from us and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- An applicable third party as part of a sale, merger or change of control of Kiinde or otherwise to support the sale or transfer of business assets.
- To third parties as necessary to enforce our rights or protect our property, protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- Defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide business partners or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
5. Cookies and Related Technology.
When you use our Website, we or our third party partners may collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Website, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record your interactions with us and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology may be stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which may then transmitted back to our Website by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
For example, when you visit our Website, Kiinde and our service providers may place cookies, pixel tags and web beacons on your computers or mobile devices. Cookies, pixels and web beacons allow us to recognize you when you return to the Website and track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A “cookie” is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We may use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user id if you asked for it to be remembered). Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images that we may place on website pages or in emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access pages or open email messages with pixel tags and web beacons, they may generate a notice of that action to us or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our Website and promotions.
We may collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Website, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Website. In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is used in non-identifiable ways, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use the information we collect about Website users to optimize our Website and understand its traffic and usage patterns. If we associate information collected by using cookies and related technologies with Personal Information, this Privacy Notice governs how we use that information. If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to the section titled “Your Options: Accessing and Correcting Personal Information; Opting Out.”
Further, as you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a website’s server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of device and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the Website. We may collect and use clickstream data to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on websites, how visitors navigate throughout websites and how we may tailor our Website to better meet consumer needs. This information will be used to improve our Website and our services. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be anonymous, and will not intentionally contain any Personal Information.
We may ourselves, or with third party vendors, use your information in connection with our own or vendor information to deliver targeted advertising to you when you visit other websites or our Service. Cookies, clickstream data, and other similar technologies described in this Privacy Notice may be used in this process. For example, if you are searching for information on a particular product, we or our vendor may cause an advertisement to appear on other websites you view with information on that product. This form of advertising, sometimes called “behavioral advertising,” is based on anonymous information and not on any Personal Information. As a result, we and our vendor know your interests, but do not personally identify you in connection with the delivery of that specific ad. We believe that such advertising is helpful because you will see advertisements that are relevant to your interests. However, if you would like to opt out of these interest-based advertisements, please follow the opt-out process described below under “Your Options: Accessing and Correcting Personal Information; Opting Out.”
6. Information Security and Data Retention.
Kiinde uses reasonable administrative, technical, and physical controls designed to protect Personal Information. For instance, to protect the security of your Personal Information during transmission, we use industry-standard encryption technology to protect the information that you input and transmit to us over the Internet.
To prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information, it is important for you to monitor those who have access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Please note that due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided online.
We will retain your information for as long as your account or inquiry is active or as needed to provide you with the Website and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your Personal Information, we may continue to retain and use aggregate or anonymous data previously collected and/or anonymize or aggregate your Personal Information. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
7. Your Options: Accessing and Correcting Personal Information; Opting Out.
You can review, update, and correct Personal Information about you by accessing and updating your Contact Information, Financial Information, and the other information you provided to use in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the “My Account” section of the Website or by sending us an email at [email protected].
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us at [email protected]. Please, note that we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we may be required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Website for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your account setting regarding email contact preferences. You may also opt out of any future promotional messages from us by sending us an unsubscribe request to [email protected]. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. However, we are not responsible for removing your Personal Information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided with your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice or your consent.
If you signed up to receive text messages from us, you may opt-out of receiving text messages from us by replying with the word "STOP" to a text message from us.
If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. Cookies and similar items are not used by us to automatically retrieve Personal Information from your device without your knowledge.
We may, and may work with third parties, to use your information to delivery targeted advertisements to you based upon your online activities and other information. The online advertising industry provides a service through which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from certain data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. We comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising set forth by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can opt-out of targeted advertising from certain providers at www.aboutads.info/consumers.
Please note that we may not be able to respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a/ DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Please note that that opting out or deleting your account or other certain information may render certain aspects of the Website or our services unavailable to you.
8. California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information about the disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or write to us at the address above. Please allow 30 days for a response.
9. Incorporation of Third Party Links and Social Media Services.
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party websites, apps or services from within the Website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party sites, and by providing a link we are not endorsing or promoting such third party sites. When you link away from our Website, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every website, app or service you visit.
The Website may integrate with social networking services. You understand that we do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Website, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third party services to operate properly and fairly.
You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social network or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your Personal Information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
Our Website is maintained in the United States of America or Canada (together, “North America”). By using the Website, you freely and specifically give us your consent to export your Personal Information to North America and to store and use it in North America as specified in this Privacy Notice. You understand that data stored in the North America may be subject to lawful requests by the courts or law enforcement authorities in the USA or Canada.
11. Use By Children.
We sell children’s products, but only for purchase by adults. We do not market or sell products to children. If we are made aware that we have received children’s information, or any information in violation of our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.